During the current Covid-19 pandemic Talocher School has remained open to students throughout. We have adapted our curriculum to ensure that every student continues to receive the best possible provision to meet their specific SEN, whilst also ensuring Covid-19 secure measures are in place to mitigate the risk of infection.
We are delivering a blended approach to the curriculum which comprises on-site lessons, therapy both onsite as well as remote sessions for both students and parents/carers. Our vocational offer and offsite provision continues as normal.
According to the students’ individual needs we are ensuring the that the following takes place:
- Daily or weekly contact from support staff, therapists, tutors and the safeguarding lead
- Work packs covering every curriculum area are posted home on a weekly basis
- Assessment and feedback on work completed remotely is given during weekly calls
- Lessons are recorded and uploaded onto our DoJo platform
- Tutors record weekly messages via DoJo to all of their tutees and some are accessing assemblies
- Speech and language therapy and Art therapy continues either face-to-face, Zoom or by telephone
- Counselling continues either face-to-face, Zoom or by telephone
- Wellbeing, PE and PSHE via DoJo to reduce feelings of isolation
We are continually evaluating the effectiveness of the blended learning provided, we work closely with families to find the best fit for each individual student – feedback is always welcomed.