Oliver House School is an independent specialist school for boys and girls aged 6 to 19 who have mild, moderate and severe autism and associated complex learning needs, behaviours that may challenge and/or associated anxiety.
This service enables pupils with autism to:
- Learn how to manage their behaviour and cope with anxieties
- Access a positive educational experience
- Develop strategies to manage everyday living
- Develop independence, social and communication skills
- Become empowered to make their own appropriate choices in life
The school offers a warm and welcoming environment, where a positive education allows all pupils to experience success. Our ethos was created on the belief that a positive, supportive and achieving culture is essential for creating an outstanding school that meets the needs of young people who previously have had negative school experiences. These pupils need an understanding environment in which to rediscover success, self belief and re-engage with learning.