The philosophy of Aspris College South Wales is based upon providing as many learning opportunities within mainstream educational settings as possible to allow choice, equality and diversity. Our young people are therefore able to benefit from successful partnership agreements with local colleges and have access to over 150 academic and vocational courses including A levels and GCSEs.
All Aspris schools and colleges aim to achieve the best possible outcomes for every young person. This is recognised by a strong record of successful exam results and positive outcomes.
Our approach is based upon individual opportunities and we aim to meet individual needs through tailored programmes of education and care. Additional support for literacy, numeracy and independent living skills can be provided where required. Work based learning, work experience and employability skills are embedded into the study programmes to help with transition and preparation for further study or employment.
Our seven core aims for children and young people summarise the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and form the basis for decisions on priorities and objectives nationally.
All children and young people:
- Have a flying start in life
- Have a comprehensive range of education and learning opportunities
- Enjoy the best possible health and are free from abuse, victimisation and exploitation
- Have access to play, leisure, sporting and cultural activities
- Are listened to, treated with respect, and have their race and cultural identity recognised
- Have a safe home and a community which supports physical and emotional wellbeing
- Are not disadvantaged by poverty