Oliver House School in Chorley has received Autism Accreditation from the National Autism Society (NAS).
The move means it joins the leading providers of support to people affected by autism. The accreditation programme is a quality system which promotes continuous improvement to create the highest of care standards and provides a quality assurance programme for hundreds of organisations globally.
By providing a unified standard of excellence, the aim is to continuously improve the quality of service provision for people with autism and Asperger syndrome wherever they are.
The school, which is a specialist day and residential school for boys and girls aged 6 to 19 who have mild, moderate and severe autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex learning needs and challenging behaviour. A formal review was carried out using a peer review process, by trained professionals in the field of autism spectrum disorders to ensure it met the NAS’s exacting standards including:
- The service has a specialised knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders.
- The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently informs the organisation, resources and management of the service.
- The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently informs the individual assessment and planning for all people with autism.
- The knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders consistently results in positive outcomes for all people with autism.
A number of parents were contacted and all indicated that they were ‘happy’ or ‘very happy’ with the school. Comments included:
- "The school have been extremely supportive with excellent advice"
- "The school involve me continually and always involve me"
- "Oliver House is always efficient – email or phone me regularly."
The report stated that: "The review team consider the school’s comprehensive documentation, with a clear understanding of autism spectrum conditions underpinning all aspects of policy, guidance and procedure, to be a strength of the school."
For more details on Aspris Children's Services, please call 0118 970 8068 or click here to make an enquiry.