Located in a quiet residential area in Cumbria, Woodland Cottage is a nurturing children’s home supporting up to two young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Woodland Cottage, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. We ensure that the aspirations, wishes and feelings of our young people are listened to, giving them the best possible outcomes in life.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Woodland Cottage includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 2 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a living room, dining room, kitchen, home gym and large private garden
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision