Located in a quiet residential area in Lancashire, Tolkien is a nurturing children’s home for up to four young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Tolkien, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. Our young people enjoy participating in activities such as trips to the local theme park, bike rides, fishing, golf, go-karting, bowling and more.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Tolkien includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 4 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a modern living room, dining room, kitchen and private garden
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision