Situated within a large village in Cornwall and located close to the Devon boarder, Three Oaks is a spacious and welcoming children’s home which has been set up to resemble a typical family-style home.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, Three Oaks supports up to 3 young people aged 8 to 18 years with complex needs, including emotional, behavioural and associated difficulties which may originate from an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
The staff team at Three Oaks supports the children and young people to develop feelings of self-worth through listening to them and responding to their views and feelings. There is a focus on emphasising their strengths and encouraging them to always strive for the best wherever possible.
The overriding philosophy of Three Oaks is to offer a child-centred approach which enables the children and young people to grow physically, emotionally and spiritually. The staff team are also positive role models that are able to protect, guide and help them plan for their futures.
The range of services and facilities available at Three Oaks includes:
- A spacious property situated within a quiet setting
- A range of communal areas, including a kitchen, lounge/diner and snug
- A large secure garden with both lawn and decked areas where the young people can enjoy BBQs and play games
- All of the children and young people have their own individualised bedrooms
- Bespoke care packages and strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- Access to a range of therapeutic assessments and services are available, as required
- Excellent opportunities for the young people to develop, within a safe and nurturing environment
- A wide variety of both on-site and community-based activities