Located in an urban area of Birmingham, Swan Lodge is a spacious and nurturing children’s home.
We support young people aged 8 to 17 years with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
Swan Lodge has a dedicated and welcoming staff team, who all take the same approach of ensuring that the young people are at the forefront of any decisions made around their care. We ensure that everyone has a voice and are able to express their views and input into how they want to be cared for whilst at the home.
The staff team also have a strong ethos in ensuring that the young people obtain the required skills in preparation for their transition into adult life. We ensure that they can build on their self-esteem, promote their independence, and achieve positive outcomes that any other young person not in care would achieve.
The range of services and facilities available at Swan Lodge includes:
- A safe, homely and nurturing environment, situated within an urban area
- Rated 'Good' by Ofsted
- Accommodation comprising of 3 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of spacious facilities, including a lounge, dining room, kitchen, conservatory, library, chill-out room and art/sensory room
- A spacious, well-maintained garden and outside area
- A dedicated, passionate and diverse staff team
- A focus on developing daily living skills, with achievements acknowledged and praised
- Strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- Access to a wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities