Located in a quiet residential area in Lancashire, Rowling House is a spacious and nurturing children’s home.
We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Rowling House, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. We have an ideal location near to a large park with scenic walking routes, playgrounds and regular music events. We also have a spacious garden which is perfect for games, events, celebrations and activities.
Our children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Rowling House includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 3 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities including a living room, dining room, modern kitchen, snug, beauty room and large private garden
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- A dedicated in-house therapist offering individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision