Located in a quiet residential area in Lancashire, Ribble House is a nurturing children’s home for up to two young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Ribble House, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. We have a strong focus on promoting the child’s voice listening and responding to their feelings, wishes and views, giving ownership helping to maintain this very positive atmosphere.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Ribble House includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 2 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a living room, kitchen, dining room and private garden
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision