Paperbag Cottage is located in a peaceful, rural setting on the edge of a village in the New Forest in Hampshire.
Paperbag Cottage supports up to 4 children and young people aged 5-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD) and associated moderate learning difficulties, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The young people may also have low risk mental health difficulties.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Paperbag Cottage, daily living experiences and activities are meaningful, memorable and designed to meet the needs of the individual children in the care of the home.
The dedicated and passionate staff team follow a positive behavioural support (PBS) approach, reducing behaviours that may challenge by encouraging the young people to express their emotions in different ways. They are supported to engage in activities they enjoy and to develop the confidence, life skills and independence for a fulfilling future.
The range of services and facilities available at Paperbag Cottage includes:
- A cottage with a large garden, situated within a quiet countryside setting, adjacent to fields
- Rated ‘Good‘ by Ofsted
- Local transport links to nearby towns and cities offering a range of services, facilities and activities
- Bespoke care packages and strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- Access to therapeutic services
- A person-centred approach, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure a wrap-around care package
- A wide variety of on-site and community-based activities
The bright and homely accommodation at Paperbag Cottage comprises of four bedrooms, with two of the rooms having en-suite facilities.
The spacious communal areas include:
- Dining area
- A substantial garden with a large den for games, meetings and other activities