Located in a quiet seaside town in Lancashire, Lakeside is a nurturing children’s home for one individual. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
At Lakeside, we pride ourselves on enabling young people to learn and develop essential life skills. Because of this, we have a pet rabbit and fish to further support our young person’s wellbeing and teach responsibility.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Lakeside, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. The team here are dedicated and committed to unlocking the potential of every individual we care for.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Lakeside includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 1 individual bedroom, which the young person is encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a living room, dining room, modern kitchen and private garden
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- 2:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision