Located by the seaside in a residential area in Lancashire, Kinney House is a nurturing children’s home for up to three young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Kinney House, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. Our emphasis is on education, fun and creating lasting memories.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Kinney House includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 3 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a living room, dining room, modern kitchen, bike shed and private outdoor space
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- Step-down programme available
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision