Located in a quiet, scenic residential area in Bacup, Lancashire. Hillside is a nurturing children’s home for up to two young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Hillside, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. Our ambition is to provide an accepting, welcoming and homely environment where we encourage our young people to achieve and thrive.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Hillside includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 2 bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a homely living room, kitchen, dining room and spacious private garden complete with patio
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision