Fairway Lodge is a spacious children’s home in Devon for three young people aged 7-17 years with a range of needs. This includes autism, ADHD, and associated difficulties which may originate from learning difficulties.
The children’s home is located within a rural location and provides a safe, nurturing and valuing environment.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Fairway Lodge, the experienced, positive and supportive staff team always put the needs of the children and young people above everything else.
All of the children and young people are actively involved in individual and group planning, as well as encouraged and supported to take part in their reviews, if they wish. The staff team understand that this can sometimes be a daunting process and therefore provide innovative and creative ways to enable the children and young people to express their views.
There is a wide range of planned activities and all of the children and young people are actively involved with choosing both new activities to engage in and activities they already enjoy. They are also supported in choosing meals for the weekly menus using methods that work best for them.
The range of services and facilities available at Fairway Lodge includes:
- A spacious property situated within a quiet rural setting, adjacent to farmland
- Rated 'Good' by Ofsted
- A range of communal areas, including a family-style kitchen, dining area and large lounge
- All of the children and young people have their own individualised bedrooms
- Bespoke care packages and strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- Access to a range of therapeutic assessments and services are available, as required
- A homely and nurturing environment, where the children and young people’s achievements are acknowledged and praised
- A range of opportunities to develop interests, aspirations, social and emotional resilience, communication skills, self-esteem and confidence
- A wide variety of both on-site and community-based activities