Located near the seaside and within easy reach of the picturesque Lake District, Fairview is a nurturing children’s home for up to four young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Fairview, the dedicated and skilled staff team take a child-centred approach to care and ensure that each young person’s aspirations, wishes and feelings are listened to.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Fairview includes:
- A lovely, detached home which provides a safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including 2 living rooms, therapy room, kitchen and private garden
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Support for up to 4 males
- 3:4 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team have extensive training in a therapeutic approach, which understands and responds to behaviour through a trauma informed lens
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- Step-down programme available
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision