Ewan House is a warm and welcoming children’s home for up to 5 young people aged 5-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD) and associated moderate learning difficulties, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The young people may also have low risk mental health difficulties.
Located within the centre of a large city in Hampshire, the Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service provides a secure and supportive environment. The home is also situated close to shops, parks, transport links and other local amenities.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Ewan House, the young people are supported to achieve their potential and to build the skills for adulthood. The staff team help each child to develop their self-esteem by listening to them and responding to their views and feelings.
The home works closely with each young person’s school to provide a consistent and cohesive approach to their education and support, which maximises their learning and development.
The range of services and facilities available at Ewan House includes:
- A large 5-bedded home located in the centre of a large city, within walking distance of a wide range of amenities
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- A range of spacious communal areas, including a modern family-style kitchen/dining area, living room, games/educational computer room and garden
- Bespoke care packages
- Strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- Access to therapeutic assessments and services
- Excellent opportunities for the young people to develop, within a safe and nurturing environment
- A wide variety of both on-site and community-based activities