Located in a quiet residential area in Rochdale, Dorian is a nurturing children’s home for up to two young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Dorian, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. Our home has been decorated with our young people in mind, providing them with spaces to express themselves and an outdoor garden with space for activities.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Dorian includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 2 bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a bright and homely living room, kitchen, dining room, chill-out room and large private gardens at the front and back of our home
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities