Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, Dahl House is located close to the seaside in Blackpool, Lancashire. Dahl House supports young people aged 8 to 18 years with a range of needs including, learning disabilities, autism and sensory impairment.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Dahl House, the dedicated and skilled staff team take has a diverse and thorough understanding of additional needs and have developed the home into a bespoke service to ensure the young people are happy and cared for to the highest standards.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Dahl House includes:
- A large, family home which provides a safe and homely environment for up to 4 young people
- A range of facilities, including an open-plan kitchen-diner, lounge, sensory room and private garden
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- High level of supervision
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills.
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support.
- A wide range of planned on-site activities, including arts and crafts, baking and movie nights, as well as access to a wide range of community-based activities
- Step-down programme available
- Waking night supervision