Located in a quiet and peaceful residential area in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, Clarendon is a nurturing children’s home for up to two young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Clarendon, the dedicated and skilled staff team take a child-centred approach to care and ensure that each young person’s aspirations, wishes and feelings are listened to.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Clarendon includes:
- A large, spacious family home close to the seaside and within walking distance to local shopping areas and a community centre
- A safe and homely environment for up to 2 young people
- A range of facilities, including an open-plan kitchen-diner, lounge and games area
- A large private garden, perfect for playing cricket, badminton, football and other outdoor activities
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site activities, including table-top football, arts and crafts, and movie nights, as well as access to a wide range of community-based activities
- Waking night supervision