Located in Devon, Buctor House provides a warm and welcoming children’s home for up to three young people aged 7-17 years with a range of needs. This includes autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and associated difficulties which may originate from learning difficulties.
Situated in an ideal location, this spacious children's home is close to amenities and with good travel links to other towns and cities.
Supporting the needs of the young people
The focus of Buctor House is to promote the development of social behaviours, independence and personal skills, offering opportunities to practice them in real life settings.
The care is provided with a strong emphasis on the importance of privacy, dignity, rights, choice and fulfilment, in a comfortable, homely and safe environment.
At Buctor House, the highly skilled and trained staff team includes a registered manager, deputy manager and two senior support workers. There is a positive behavioural support (PBS) approach, with positive reinforcement, promotion of independent living skills, confidence and self-esteem building.
The range of services and facilities available at Buctor House includes:
- A spacious property providing a safe and homely environment
- A range of communal areas, including 2 spacious lounges, a dining room, kitchen and well-maintained gardens
- All of the children and young people have their own individualised bedrooms
- Bespoke care packages and strong links with local mainstream and specialist education provisions
- A focus on developing positive wellbeing and independence skills
- Access to a range of therapeutic assessments and services are available, as required
- A highly skilled team that provide a PBS approach
- Regular and timely keyworker meetings
- Access to a variety of both on-site and community based activities