Located in a quiet residential area in Preston, Lancashire. Brookside is a nurturing children’s home for up to two young people. We support young people aged 8 to 18 years with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD).
The home is close to local amenities, has good public transport and motorway links and is a short drive from nearby seaside resorts. There’s an abundance of activities in the surrounding areas and a range of local clubs and sports teams.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Brookside, we pride ourselves on matching our young people appropriately, maintaining meaningful and long-term placements. We are dedicated and committed to providing a warm, welcoming home for our young people and encourage them to showcase their individuality throughout the home.
The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Brookside includes:
- A safe and homely environment
- Accommodation comprising of 2 large en-suite bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of facilities, including a bright and homely living room, laundry room, gaming snug, pool room, kitchen/dining room and private garden
- 1:1 staffing
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Dedicated in-house therapist who offers individual therapeutic support
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
- Waking night supervision