As a foster carer, we’ll ensure you benefit from an excellent programme of learning and develop, to ensure you have the confidence and skills to meet the needs of the children in your care.
We understand that providing foster carers with high levels of training and support results in stable placements and better outcomes for children and young people. That’s why, in return for your commitment as a carer, we offer a comprehensive support and training programme.
What makes Aspris Fostering Services different?
We understand that the decision to become a foster carer is not one to be taken lightly. It can be hard to know which agency is best placed to support you in achieving your ambition of making a real difference to young people’s lives. We believe we stand out from other fostering agencies thanks to our:
- ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating for the last six years
- Supportive team who really take the time to get to know you
- Easy access to our child psychologist
- Up to 21 days paid respite per year
- £500 annual allowance towards taking your foster child/children on holiday
- Preferred provider (Tier One) for the whole of the West Midlands region
- Very low vacancy rates
- Commitment to taking the time to match children with suitable placements
- Free holidays in our holiday home in Devon
- High number of young people who remain living with their foster family after their 18th birthday through ‘staying put’ arrangements
Supporting you to make a difference
We provide our foster carers with the highest levels of support, including:
- Access to a 24/7 out of hours service
- Access to our family contact suite
- Additional support for children in the classroom as appropriate
- An allocated Aspris Fostering Services social worker for every carer
- An allocated support worker for every foster child
- Regular Home visits from your social worker
- Mentoring of new carers by experienced carers
- Psychological services and other specialist support
- Regular social work supervision
- Regular support group meetings and other social events
We believe a good fostering agency not only supports the child, but also provides the carer with personalised training and support. We offer our carers:
- Regular training programmes, including face-to-face group training
- Individual online training
- Additional personalised training to suit children’s specific needs
What do our foster carers think?
Our foster carers speak highly of Aspris Fostering Services’ managers and team. Carers who transferred from another agency told Ofsted the only reason they remained carers and hung on to their long term placement was “the compassionate insight” and “significant input” that has been shown to them and their families by Aspris staff.
A foster carer commented “they are the best agency for support. Other agencies are not a patch on them. You can have a moan and they listen and move things forward. They facilitate solutions. When you contact them it is always about how they can help you, so you can focus on the young people. Everything is dealt with quickly and fairly.”
For more information
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer, or would like more information on the training and support that we provide, then please get in touch by calling us on 01684 560 333.