A choice of residential provision
For those pupils requiring residential care, Newbury Manor School offers both an on-site and off-site option. There is an on-site provision for up to eight young people who attend Newbury Manor School and an off-site provision at a standalone children’s home which offers care to children and young people who require 52 week care.
Flexible residential care
Our on-site and off-site residential provisions are able to provide care for up to 42 and 52 weeks respectively.
High quality accommodation
The school’s owners, Aspris, have recently made a significant investment in the school. As part of this, Newbury Manor School’s residential provision has been transformed into an exceptionally high quality living area, we have adapted the accommodation to the needs of individuals with complex needs and created living spaces with a warm family feel.
Maintaining family relationships
We understand that it is important for our young people to keep in contact with their family and friends. Residential care staff will help students to make telephone calls and send e-mails to help maintain these relationships.
A highly experienced care team
Our highly-experienced residential care team is well placed to ensure the best levels of care and safety for the young people in our care. The team includes:
Head of Care
- Level 5 Diploma
- Previously been a Registered Manager in a children’s home
- Previously lead a children’s home from “good” pre-registration Ofsted judgement to “improved effectiveness” during a monitoring visit
The Assistant Head of Care
- Level 5 Diploma
- Previously worked in a number of residential special school settings
- Previously worked in a children’s home that gained an ‘outstanding’ welfare Ofsted judgement for several consecutive years
Two Senior Support Workers
- Both working towards their Level 5 Diplomas
All other residential care staff
- Have earned, or are working towards, the Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young People